Keeping a journal is very important to me. I'm so grateful for those individuals who've taken the time to jot down what was happening in their lives, even though it might not have seemed important at the time. I've gained so much strength from the scriptures, ancestor's lives, my parent's writings, other's blogs, magazines, and books- all because someone simply wrote stuff down.
Now... I'm not saying my life or writing is special or momentous, but maybe something I do or say will help someone, or just make their day a little brighter. When I write I usually think of my kids reading the post in the future, and hopefully it will help them know how much they're cherished.
Since journaling is important to me I figured I might as well start teaching Hyrum the art. He has a simple little notebook with a question at the top of the page. He just answers the question and draws a picture- easy.
Here's just a few of his entries:
![]() |
| Question: What do you like to do with Ivy? Answer: I like to play Dora. (the Explorer) With Ivy. |
![]() |
| Question: How many people are in your family? What do you like about your family? Answer: there are 5 people in my family and I Love XXXXXOOOOO them (look a Delia's cute curls:) |
![]() |
| Question: What do you want to be when you grow up? Answer: I want to be Luke (Skywalker) when I grow up. Cuz he's cool. |
![]() |
| Question: What are you really good at? Answer: I am good at the Wii. Because I know how to do it. And I win and Mom and Dad and Ivy Lose |
I don't know if this will create good habits for life. I DO know it's adorable and I'll make him do it until he realizes I'm not the boss of the universe.




4 comments:
Your posts make me laugh so hard! however, it's sad how much we miss your sweet family. I miss seeing you and Delia when I drop Cam off at school. Her sweet face and lively hair always made me smile. Steve is missing Brian too. Starting school will not be the same for Camri this year. She seems to think that when school starts, Ivy will be back. Sad.
Anyway, enough "poor us". I love that you are teaching Hyrum to journal. What sweet entries! I hope we have a little boy as darling as he is! (Someday... ;)
So sweet, Er! What a great idea to have Hyrum do that, and what a treasure his writings will be in the future! You are such a creative mom.
I am in complete agreeance with everything that Ashley wrote-she put it perfect. Miss you guys-it seems as though you will come back from summer vacay anytime now...stinks that I do realize reality. :( Glad things are so good though! Hyrum is adorable!
ha ha ha. So cute!:) You're such a good mom.
Post a Comment