Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oops...

I always wanted a surprise pregnancy. I just didn't ever think it would happen when I was incredibly happy not being pregnant.
Yes, I'm expecting. I'm 14 weeks, due July 15th. It is unknown if my heart medication is safe during pregnancy, so sadly, I can't take it anymore. My blood pressure has been pretty good though. AND I haven't fainted yet, which is a great achievement.
I'm trying not to panic about how in the world I can be a Mother to three kids, or where the baby is going to sleep in our tiny home, not to mention all the STUFF that comes with babies. I'm also trying not to panic about moving across the country with a baby (in a year and a half).
One thing I've learned is planning my future doesn't work. BUT having faith and gratitude with whatever comes my way does. I tell Hyrum all the time that whining doesn't help. I have to have the faith that Heavenly Father will not give me more than I can handle. I'm sure it will be difficult at times, but we'll survive and be stronger in the end.
I have never learned more about myself, life, and the true nature of God than during motherhood. I guess I have more to learn.

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congrats Trump family! This is so exciting! You will do great! Wish we could see you more.

Becky said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! It was too bad we were not able to hang out over the Christmas break. It was fun to see your hubby for a few minutes though. I hope things go well for you this pregnancy. We miss you guys.

kelleen said...

Congratulations! The condition MUST be contagious! :) Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you--so sorry to hear you have to give up the meds; I do know that when Heavenly Father gives you surprises, He guides you along the way. You will be in our prayers for sure, and hopefully we can come play soon too. Good luck!

Jones Family said...

CONGRATS!!! We are so happy for you guys. Miracles happen & I think you & the baby will be blessed during this pregnancy.

AllisonK said...

Congratulations Erin!!! I'm thrilled for your family and more importantly blessed by your faith. You are a wonderful woman.

Todd and Julie said...

Yea!! I am so excited for you guys! You are a great mother and I know you will do just fine with three little ones.

Shannon said...

WAHOO! I heard this just the other day and haven't had a moment to tell you congratulations! We are so excited for youguys and hope that you are feeling great!

Gina said...

What?! Congratulations!!!

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

Whoot! Whoot!! Congrats! That is amazing. That sweet little spirit must have been so excited to come to your family he wanted to surprise you! How exciting! And 3 is easier then 2, promis! What a fun journey! Congrats!!!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Congrats!!! You know the funny thing is that I was just thinking, I wonder when Erin is going to have another baby... then I decided to look at your blog, and saw the good news!! Congrats girl! If you need some help you can always drive out to DC :)

Steve and Ashley Clawson said...

Your going to do great! I sure hope that you keep doing well, being off your meds. We are so excited for you guys, and don't worry... the rest will fall into place as Heavenly Father see's fit. Your a great Mom, and this baby will bring you a lot of joy. Congrats to you all!